Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Struggling?

Our presenter at our last meeting, Peggy Jordan, rewarded folks who contributed to the discussion with fortune cookies. I was happy to receive my lottery numbers for the week with my fortune cookie while others were amused with the fortunes themselves.

One participant had a fortune that said something about being flexible with your plans. Her comment was that it was good timing as she’s been working on rewriting her business plan.

I subscribe to a number of blogs and one of them is called Escape from Cubicle Nation. It was a coincidence that I recently found this post discussing business plans for entrepreneurs. Where was this post two years ago when I started my consulting business? In the time I started my business, I think I changed my focus at least a couple times. I even tried a few things with little or no success. For those of you who feel like they may be struggling with their business, please read this post. There are some questions the author, Pamela Slim, asks that will really get you thinking about where you’ve been and where you are going with your business.

Don’t despair. The good news is there is hope for people who may feel as though their current business plan is on shaky ground. The key is to be willing to look at your business from a fresh perspective and be willing to make changes.

No comments: