Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Consultants Eat Red Pills

When you take long car trips to visit family over the holidays you have a lot of time to think. Sometimes the things I think about come off as being strange, yet the hold some relevance.

I was thinking about why I became a consultant and for some reason drew a parallel to the movie The Matrix. If you haven't seen this movie, here is an article on the film.

When I started my consulting business, I took the red pill knowing full well I faced adversity. If I went out and found another job I would have took the blue pill. Consultants and business owners, in my opinion, take the red pill to unplug from The Matrix. No longer will they be a battery to power the machine. They choose to be masters of their own reality.

What do you think? Is this an accurate analogy or am I still plugged into The Matrix?

No comments: