Friday, July 25, 2008

July TVCNet Meeting Wrap-Up

I want to thank everyone who came out on Thursday the 24th to attend the July TVCNet meeting where I presented on Building Effective Training in Five Easy Steps.

We had great attendance at our new location, The WaterCooler at the corner of 14th and W. Idaho Street in downtown Boise. My reporting on the event will be a purposely thin not because it was uneventful (quite the contrary), but because during the event I learned from a TVCNet member about a new web service that I plan to leverage to help "repackage" the topic we discussed. Google Knol is web giant's attempt to compete with Wikipedia. I plan to take the topic we discussed and post it to Google Knol. Once it is published I will be sure to post the link here on this blog. From there, you can comment on the topic and add your own insights regardless if you were present or not. The beauty of Google Knoll is that it allows people to create a body of knowledge on a given subject in an online, collaborative effort.

In all, the July TVCNet meeting was terrific and the feedback I have received has been welcomed. Future meetings in August and September are in the works and will be announced shortly.

No comments: