Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Intelligence Report: The Reason Behind Why Consultants Are Hired

When I conduct research I tend to stumble upon interesting content unintentionally. I found a web page on How to Choose a Consultant written by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs. Yeah, strange place to find information on hiring a consultant, but nevertheless I thought it was very relevant to blog about. It provides insight as to how we get hired for our services.

I learned recently that the sales process depends somewhat on knowing when the customer is willing to buy or is in need of your services. If you know when they are willing to buy the process is much easier. Take a moment to read the process they recommend for choosing a consultant. Do you agree with it? I think the most interesting thing about the article is that many questions are asked before the decision is made to begin seeking out a consultant.

No comments: